Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Back to the Garden


It seems like a lot of my posts lately are about cleaning and sewing, maybe that is just the rythm of my life one week for sewing, one week for cleaning, one week for the garden......although I do a little of each every single day!!
Yesterday I planted out a whole bag of potatoes (5kg) that someone had given me - they were all shooting in the pink plastic bag they were bought in from the fruit shop - I have only ever used seed potaotes before so not sure what these will do if anything. But after asking advice from Stewart over at "my veggie garden" we decided that although it may be too late to plant out another crop now I had them, they were free, so I might as well give it a go. If they do happen to crop well we will have HEAPS of potatoes!!
Today I bought some seed raising mix while I was in buying some chook food - so later today I am going to have another go at planting seeds. I read every week about everyone elses success so I figure I can't give up yet. This time I am putting them in the toilet roll tubes and then placing them in box and I will put plastic over it and see how we go with that. I ahve some bean, tomato, and carrot seeds left i may even ahve time to pop in to the organic shop and buy some more they stock the Eden seeds range.
Other than that I am off to do some hand quilting on my great nieces quilt and the usual, washing, cooking stuff.
I really love these days at home and the best bit is I get to stay home tomorrow as well. Might even ahve tiome to take some more photos.
have a lovely day
daisymum

4 comments:

Bron said...

Good luck with your spud crop. I'm sure you'll have success! What kind of potatoes are they?

Unknown said...

Bron not sure little white colibans i think.

daisymum

Anonymous said...

Hello daisymum! Glad you could pop in and visit my blog! I'm off to read yours now!

love, Tina :)

The Old Dairy said...

I'm the same, only thing with me is when I'm gardening the housework and sewing go by the wayside. I get tunnel vision not to mention I go through phases so for me it's either gardening, housework or sewing....Something has to give and it's usally housework..lol
Mandy