Friday, March 20, 2009

Mess and Mindset


Sometimes I wonder whether the messy rooms in our lives are indicative of the messy parts of out lives.
A few months ago our office was a disaster area ( and had been ever since we moved into this house 6 years ago). Then I spent a day cleaning it up re organising things, and at the same time we were sorting things out, I had some regualr money coming in the bills were getting paid on time for a change. And since then the office has remained tidy and clean.
As some of you read I sold my industrial machines and closed down my alterations and mending business ( I still hope to design more patterns to sell and continue to sell the ones I have out there). And quite apart from the fact that I have had little time to sew the sewing room is tidy and seems to stay that way.
Is it that we get rid of certain hindrances to the smooth running of our lives and it manifests itself in an organised area of the home? Perhaps it only happens around Daisy Mountain. So from now on I will be watching the physical signs that something needs "tweaking".
Oh and by the way here she is second hand and an absolute bargain the 6500!! She sews beautifully and hopefully in the next day or two she will be quilting a quilt to send to the Victorian bushfire victims.


Have a Fantastic Friday!!
daisymum

4 comments:

Joolz said...

Hi Daisymum

TGIF! Have a nice weekend - I'm off to the Clipsal V8's in Adelaide and get to catch up with K18! Yay!
B15 is staying wiht a friend and is counting the sleeps until she sees K18 at Easter and the school holidays.
Can't wait to see the finished quilt you are planning. Have a good one,

- Joolz

Bron said...

I can't think of a nicer gift for the bushfire survivors than a quilt! Good on you...

Cathy said...

Hello DM
Thank you for the time, love and care you putting into your gift. One very lucky person who has suffered so much pain recently will be the recepient of your quilt - may I say Thank You from the man in the street down here
Take care
Cathy

Unknown said...

Oh please it isn't me our quilting group have made about 20 quilts so far the top I am quilting has been made by my friend all I am doing is putting it together.

daisymum