Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Sunday Market surprise


Today I attended the Designers Emporium Markets as well as selling a hobby horse and most of my remaining teatowels. ....I got to meet a fellow blogger Caroline from the Simple Things.


Despite her daughter worrying that I might have been an axe murderer....we had a lovely chat and got to know each other a little better. It was strange but very comfortable nonetheless and we had a great laugh. Thank you Caroline for taking the time to come and see me I really appreciate being able to put a face to the name.


So to todays Christmas trivia: Christmas Holly


In Northern Europe Christmas occurred during the middle of winter, when ghosts and demons could be heard howling in the winter winds. Boughs of holly, believed to have magical powers since they remained green through the harsh winter, were often placed over the doors of homes to drive evil away. Greenery was also brought indoors to freshen the air and brighten the mood during the long, dreary winter.Legend also has it that holly sprang from the footsteps of Christ as he walked the earth. The pointed leaves were said to represent the crown of thorns Christ wore while on the cross and the red berries symbolized the blood he shed.


Enjoy this wonderful day.


daisymum

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Fantastic meeting you too.

I'm still so excited that I think everybody just wants me to shut up about it now. Wow I have never done anything like that before. As you know I picked DD up after meeting you she couldn't believe I said that to you anyway I told her you think I must be a stalker now DD thought that was so funny LOL She can't wait to meet the kids for a picnic.