Monday, November 22, 2010

Balance - a challenge for you


A few weeks ago we were lucky enough to have a guy called Nique Stewart come and speak to us - at us - he is a motivational speaker.


He talked about goal setting and how setting goals isn't just about work goals but life goals as well. How you need to write them down and in the present tense ie: I am spending 1/2 hour everyday in my garden, not I will....


So why am I telling you all this? well because it works.


Now mind you sceptic that I am it may just be that is is summer and you all know how I LOVE SUMMER! But since I wrote down in my book - I am spending 1/2 an hour in the garden everyday, I am spending 1/2 sewing everyday, I am spending 1/2 hour cleaning the house everyday - I actually am! Not to mention all the work related goals that I wrote down and are now coming to fruition.


This comes as much of a surprise to me as I am sure it is to you. But I spent so many months saying "I don't have time" when in fact I do have time I just don't allocate it for the things I love. I try to get all the work stuff done first so then I can play - but play is what makes me who I am and how can I be effective at my job if I am not who I am?


So all those posts about the elusive "balance" - it is simply a matter of writing it down in the present tense and reading over it every single day (more than once).


I know it sounds simplistic but if it is so simple and no harm can come of it why not give it a go and let me know how you go?


Daisymum

2 comments:

Angie said...

Well now, that makes sense

Cathy said...

Hello Daisymum
Sounds like a idea I need to try.
Take care
Cathy