Thursday, May 7, 2015

Happiness is.....

Had a chat with a friend today and she is having a hard time with some work colleagues .....


But I digress.....

The thing is she wanted people to post things that had made them happy about today or things they had done to make other people happy.  It got me thinking....

.... is happiness something you feel or is it a reflection of the way you make other people feel?

Some days I just wake up happy - no particular reason I just feel great but perhaps that is because for the a few days beforehand I have been working my ass off to get things done to make other people happy.



I think this is worth investigating so for the next week I am going to keep a Happiness journal - those times when I feel really happy I will write down when they are what I was doing and what I had been dong beforehand - perhaps if we can establish exactly what it is that makes us have that euphoric feeling - we can do more of it.  Or perhaps it might just be that your mind and body get sick of not feeling like that and it is a for no particular reason other than it is good for you.....or maybe thats menopause - another thing I might have to start looking into.

Play along if you feel you want to and share your findings next week.

Be Happy !

Angela

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a great idea.

Joolz said...

I am generally a very happy person. I have a wonderful life, great family, good general health (although menopause is on the horizon!!), not many worries - life is good! I am very lucky!

Unknown said...

Me too Joolx but some people I know are not happy on a regular basis. Writing stuff down always helps in goal setting weight loss etx so why not happiness ? Maybe we can change our thought patterns or reaction to situations by being aware of them